The style is either built in or you can download a CSL file that is supported by most references management programs.
BibTeX syles are usually part of a LaTeX template. Check the instructions to authors if the publisher offers a LaTeX template for this journal.
Those examples are references to articles in scholarly journals and how they are supposed to appear in your bibliography.
Not all journals organize their published articles in volumes and issues, so these fields are optional. Some electronic journals do not provide a page range, but instead list an article identifier. In a case like this it's safe to use the article identifier instead of the page range.
A journal article with 1 author
1. Gandhi KJK. The best decision I ever made. Science. 2015;350:1122.
A journal article with 2 authors
1. Williams DA, Baum C. Medicine. Gene therapy--new challenges ahead. Science. 2003;302:400–1.
A journal article with 3 authors
1. Dloniak SM, French JA, Holekamp KE. Rank-related maternal effects of androgens on behaviour in wild spotted hyaenas. Nature. 2006;440:1190–3.
A journal article with 7 or more authors
1. Wertz IE, O’Rourke KM, Zhang Z, Dornan D, Arnott D, Deshaies RJ, et al. Human De-etiolated-1 regulates c-Jun by assembling a CUL4A ubiquitin ligase. Science. 2004;303:1371–4.
Books and book chapters
Here are examples of references for authored and edited books as well as book chapters.
An authored book
1. Sizer A, Balachandar C, Biswas N, Foon R, Griffiths A, Hodgett S, et al. Part 2 MRCOG: Single Best Answer Questions. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2016.
An edited book
1. Miesenberger K, Fels D, Archambault D, Peňáz P, Zagler W, editors. Computers Helping People with Special Needs: 14th International Conference, ICCHP 2014, Paris, France, July 9-11, 2014, Proceedings, Part II. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2014.
A chapter in an edited book
1. Söldner G, Kapitza R, Meier R. Providing Context-Aware Adaptations Based on a Semantic Model. In: Felber P, Rouvoy R, editors. Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems: 11th IFIP WG 61 International Conference, DAIS 2011, Reykjavik, Iceland, June 6-9, 2011 Proceedings. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2011. p. 57–70.
Sometimes references to web sites should appear directly in the text rather than in the bibliography. Refer to the Instructions to authors for Robotics and Biomimetics.
1. Hale T. This Millenia-Old Tree Is Undergoing A Sex Change. IFLScience. IFLScience; 2015.
This example shows the general structure used for government reports, technical reports, and scientific reports. If you can't locate the report number then it might be better to cite the report as a book. For reports it is usually not individual people that are credited as authors, but a governmental department or agency like "U. S. Food and Drug Administration" or "National Cancer Institute".
1. Government Accountability Office. Surface Transportation: Department of Transportation Should Measure the Overall Performance and Outcomes of the TIGER Discretionary Grant Program. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2014 Sep. Report No.: GAO-14-766.
Theses and dissertations
Theses including Ph.D. dissertations, Master's theses or Bachelor theses follow the basic format outlined below.
1. Grant JA. Far-field noise from a rotor in a wind tunnel [Doctoral dissertation]. [Boca Raton, FL]: Florida Atlantic University; 2015.
News paper articles
Unlike scholarly journals, news papers do not usually have a volume and issue number. Instead, the full date and page number is required for a correct reference.
New York Times article
1. Vecsey G. As a Butterfly or as a Bee, Ali Made an Impression. New York Times. 2016 Jun 4;D3.
References should be cited in the text by sequential numbers in square brackets:
This sentence cites one reference . This sentence cites two references [1,2]. This sentence cites four references [1–4].