The style is either built in or you can download a CSL file that is supported by most references management programs.
BibTeX syles are usually part of a LaTeX template. Check the instructions to authors if the publisher offers a LaTeX template for this journal.
Those examples are references to articles in scholarly journals and how they are supposed to appear in your bibliography.
Not all journals organize their published articles in volumes and issues, so these fields are optional. Some electronic journals do not provide a page range, but instead list an article identifier. In a case like this it's safe to use the article identifier instead of the page range.
A journal article with 1 author
1. Gewin V. Academy proposes tighter crop monitoring. Nature. 2002;415:948.
1. Ishii H, Sakurai Y, Maruyama T. Effect of soccer shoe upper on ball behaviour in curve kicks. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6067.
A journal article with 7 or more authors
1. Krusin-Elbaum L, Shibauchi T, Argyle B, Gignac L, Weller D. Stable ultrahigh-density magneto-optical recordings using introduced linear defects. Nature. 2001;410:444–6.
Books and book chapters
Here are examples of references for authored and edited books as well as book chapters.
An authored book
1. Asif SZ. Next Generation Mobile Communications Ecosystem. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2010.
An edited book
1. Dössel O, Schlegel WC, editors. World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, September 7 - 12, 2009, Munich, Germany: Vol. 25/11 Biomedical Engineering for Audiology, Ophthalmology, Emergency & Dental Medicine. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2009.
A chapter in an edited book
1. Snoeyink J. Degree-Driven Design for Correct Geometric Algorithms. In: Atallah M, Li X-Y, Zhu B, editors. Frontiers in Algorithmics and Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management: Joint International Conference, FAW-AAIM 2011, Jinhua, China, May 28-31, 2011 Proceedings. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2011. p. 8–9.
Sometimes references to web sites should appear directly in the text rather than in the bibliography. Refer to the Instructions to authors for Source Code for Biology and Medicine.
1. O`Callaghan J. List Of Habitable Planets Could Increase Thanks To New Magnetic Field Generation Model. IFLScience. IFLScience; 2015.
This example shows the general structure used for government reports, technical reports, and scientific reports. If you can't locate the report number then it might be better to cite the report as a book. For reports it is usually not individual people that are credited as authors, but a governmental department or agency like "U. S. Food and Drug Administration" or "National Cancer Institute".
1. Government Accountability Office. Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Development and the Ability of the Department of the Interior To Administer Such a Program. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 1975 Jul. Report No.: 096973.
Theses and dissertations
Theses including Ph.D. dissertations, Master's theses or Bachelor theses follow the basic format outlined below.
1. Aikens FA. An Examination of Ethical Behavior, Job Satisfaction, and Turnover Intent in Southern Ohio QSR Operations [Doctoral dissertation]. [Phoenix, AZ]: University of Phoenix; 2012.
News paper articles
Unlike scholarly journals, news papers do not usually have a volume and issue number. Instead, the full date and page number is required for a correct reference.
New York Times article
1. Daoud K. What Arabs Have Learned From Syria’s War. New York Times. 2017 Jul 7;SR9.
References should be cited in the text by sequential numbers in square brackets:
This sentence cites one reference . This sentence cites two references [1,2]. This sentence cites four references [1–4].
About the journal
Full journal title
Source Code for Biology and Medicine
Source Code Biol. Med.
Computer Science Applications Information Systems Information Systems and Management Health Informatics